Mar - 03
New rollers and sprocket
What a day! Beautiful and cold means no mud, which is great as I went back to work on the machine. Today I installed the new bottom rollers and sprocket. Plenty of “never-seize” and new bolts torqued to Caterpillar’s spec’s. 175 ft lbs to be exact on the bottom rollers and 199 ft lbs for the sprocket bolts. Ready to roll! (-: Well almost. The next step is to remove the upper carrier roller. It requires a large impact socket, which I had to order from Brian at NAPA. Next I’ll be removing the track adjusting cylinder and rebuilding it while I await the arrival of more parts.